BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 28, 2011

a leap at spring

tomorrow's the first day of march. I live in the northeast. do the math. it's no secret that I can't wait for spring to come.

Uniqlo striped boatneck tee
13 GBP - uniqlo.com

Skirt
20 GBP - joythestore.com

Steve madden sandal
$40 - journeys.com

Vintage style ring
$9.99 - modcloth.com

ASOS skinny belt
$22 - asos.com


GET THE LOOK!
Striped Boatneck Tee- $21 at uniqlo.com
Louche Julie Ditsy Waist Skirt- $33 at joythestore.com
Steve Madden Women's Girls Night Sandal- $40 at journeys.com
Ring Me Up Ring- $10 at modcloth.com
Skinny Boyfriend Plaited Leather Belt- $22 at asos.com
Le Vernis Nail Color- $27 at chanel.com

On their own, these pieces are those basic guys that sit in the bottom of your dresser, waiting for you to come up with an exciting outfit to pair them with. Well this, my friends, is that outfit. I love the subtle yet sweet combination of the stripes and flowers, and the skinny belt at the waist really pulls the look together. I like the casual feel of the gladiators, but you could use any shoe you want. The cute ring is a nice touch (and is a steal at only $10!), and the deep blue nail polish is an unexpected accent to this outfit.

Prom dress
22 GBP - peacocks.co.uk

Cardigan
20 EUR - laredoute.it

Twisted shoes
$37 - shopruche.com

ASOS round toe shoes
$45 - asos.com

TopShop metal jewelry
$25 - topshop.com

Vintage looking jewelry
$26 - rocknrose.co.uk


GET THE LOOK!
Ladies Belted Prom Dress (this is a prom dress?!)- $35 at peacocks.co.uk
Cardigan- $27 at laredoute.it
Leigh T-Bar Patent Ballet Pumps- $45 at asos.com
Stepping in Time Brown Oxford Booties- $37 at shopruche.com
Elissa Vintage Cocktail Ring in Rock N' Rose- $26 at rocknrose.co.uk
Open Wings Ring- $25 at topshop.com

I'm a hopeless vintage addict. Thrift stores are essentially my second home. I know this outfit might be a bit vintage for some of you, but when I saw this dress, I honestly could not resist. I chose two shoes because I know not everyone likes the look of oxfords with dresses. However, I'm not crazy about the color of these flats, I'd probably do a black one. None the less, I love the muted gray color of this cardigan- it really pulls everything together. The rings add a touch of glam to this look, but you could easily play it up with another necklace.

0 comments: